Carma is a leader in technology for encouraging, rewarding and verifying high-occupancy commuting. For more than a decade, Carma has been a trusted partner of government and commercial organizations in fighting traffic congestion and reducing carbon emissions by reducing commuters’ reliance on single occupancy vehicles. Occupancy is in our DNA, from launching the world’s first ridesharing smartphone app in 2008, to verifying millions of carpool trips, and developing breakthrough technology for enabling automated high-occupancy toll discounts. Armed with proven technology solutions, a pre-eminent transportation patent portfolio and our vision for more sustainable transportation services, we continue to pave the way for shared autonomous mobility.
What We've Achieved
- Filed a patent application in 2007 that became the pre-eminent patent portfolio in the industry.
- Launched the first ridesharing smartphone app in 2008.
- Partnered with WSDOT in 2010 to run go520 in Seattle, the largest real-time ridesharing project in the world.
- Powered the largest peer-to-peer carpooling network in the San Francisco Bay Area, including during the 2013 BART strikes.
- Partnered with CTRMA in 2013 to enable HOV toll discounts for verified carpools in Austin.
- Provided corporate rideshare services at California's 2nd largest employment campus, Bishop Ranch.
- Provided real-time passenger information (RTPI) and smart ticketing systems for transit operators in the United States, Europe and China.
- Integrated hundreds of cars into the Getaround carsharing service in 2016.
- Selected in 2016 by TxDOT and NCTCOG to enable automated vehicle occupancy verification for HOV toll discounts in the Dallas Fort-Worth Metroplex.
- Selected in 2017 by Toyota to provide a corporate rideshare service for employees at their North American HQ in Plano, TX.